Monday, January 05, 2015

Leave Your Legacy | Hairstyle Evolution

More about LYL:  As always, with each issue, I challenge our readers to participate. (To learn more about the LYL articles and challenges, please visit my LYL page for more info) In every other issue, I share my challenge and invite you to link up your layouts completed for this challenge here to share with everyone. I am even going to throw in a prize for each challenge!

While some scrapbook simply for the artistic expression, many of us enjoy this hobby because it allows us to document the memories that we want to remember, and to pass on to future generations. The goal of the LYL challenge is to share ourselves with them.

The Winter 2014/15 issue is out and with it, another Leave Your Legacy (LYL) challenge!  (Sadly, I missed the editing error of the incorrect title - the correct title of this issue's LYL article is The Hairstyle Evolution)

In this issue, I challenged you to create a layout about your hairstyles over the years and how they have (or haven't!) evolved.  Be sure to include dates, if possible and any details that future generations might find interesting!

I have had SOOOO many different hairstyles over the years - Did you notice the sneak peek that our graphic designer snuck under my head shot in the article?  Here's the entire photo, so you can see just how different I was from my other fellow Grade 13s at St. Anne's High School (innocent parties have been blurred to protect their identity :) ):


Haha - what is that thing on my head?!?

I didn't create a layout for this article but have all my photos ready to go for my girls' scrappy weekend away next week, so hopefully I will be productive and have something to share with you!

I am encouraging you, my readers, to create a project based on this challenge and to please share a link below to your LYL layout or project that is posted in an online gallery or on your blog. I'd love to see what you create!

Because I believe in the importance of leaving your legacy, I am offering up a prize of some yummy scrapbooking/stamping goodies for one lucky winner!

Because this article will appear in every other issue, there's more time to complete this challenge!  It  runs from now until 11:59pm on May 31st, 2015. I will randomly draw a name from the entries submitted and post the winner on or around June 1st. Please feel free to email me at sue[AT]canadianscrapbooker[DOT]com, if you have any questions about linking your project.

Cheers,






P/S:  Don't forget about the following challenges on my blog:
December 2014 Sketchy Challenge (deadline:  January 15th, 2015)
January 2015 Sketchy Challenge (deadline:  January 31st, 2015)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...