Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Connor!

Roly Poly
Photo:  April 2000
It's hard to believe that 11 years have gone by.

I'm so proud of you, Connor.  You are kind, compassionate and caring of others in need.  You fight like the devil with your sister, but you are the first to defend her, unless of course it's to me or Dad... :)

At 11, you love to swim.  You just finished another Dash for Cash in Guelph and place in the top ten in all six of your races.  You are competitive and loyal to your teammates.  You keep reminding me to start saving my money because you will be old enough to try out for the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.  I hope you keep this passion for this sport because you are truly a little fish.


You have recently discovered a love of the bass guitar and want to begin taking lessons.  You're quite good, too, according to the guitar players in the family:  Dad and Granddad.  I love the concentration you get when you are learning new chords and how you love music!

Thanksgiving 2010

You love Calvin & Hobbes.  What was once (and still is) your father's and my favourite comic characters in university are now yours.  How cool is that?  Of course, it is ironic that at six, you definitely reminded us of Calvin!! :)


You are, in fact, a voracious reader.  You get that from me!  Frustrating for your dad is that fact that you also inherited my uncanny ability to tune EVERYTHING out when I am reading.  Your dad has held entire conversations with me, only to have me look up and ask, "Are you talking to ME?" :)  So I try not to get upset when you do it to me...  You love Harry Potter, Peter Jackson, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Bone... and you have just finished the 3 books in the Eragon series.  You have a fantastic imagination and love to write as well.


At 11, you are about 4' 9" - only a few inches shorter than I am!  You clock in at about 95 lbs and are solid muscle, with broad swimmer's shoulders and strong legs.  You have gorgeous brown eyes with long eyelashes and an adorable little beauty mark near your eye:

And OH MY HECK!! Is that peach fuzz I see?  Looks like you're growing up, baby - much too fast for your mom's liking.

Love you forever,
xox Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...