Monday, January 08, 2007

Thanks for all the hugs & prayers!!

They worked! Aili did not have pneumonia, as originally feared. The paediatrician said it was just her asthma. The RSV swabs did come back positive on Sunday afternoon so she was kept in an isolated room, as it is highly contagious.

She was discharged this morning (Monday). She's still a bit congested and wheezy, but since we have had experience (too much for my liking!) with her asthma & are familiar with the use of puffers, he was comfortable in discharging her. Thank goodness because she was definitely feeling better and it was all I could do to keep her in her bed! Luckily, after any particularly vigorous bed-romp, her IV alarm would go off and scare the pants off her so she would sit right down and stare at me guiltily! :)

Thanks again for all your prayers and hugs - I could feel them across the miles!

12 comments:

  1. Thank goodness !!! I hope she is back to her old self very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad to hear that they discharged her and she is at home, you must feel so much better having her in her own bed. Praying she gets fully better very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad she is feeling better. Hopefully she will be back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad she is better. So hard to keep little ones still when they start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge hugs coming your way baby!! I know how stressful it is with sick children, but I can't imagine the fear that rips through you when you hear your child struggling for air. Still thinkin' 'bout ya and praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ the IV alarm. What a little monkey!! Glad to hear you are all home now. Hope everything gets back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear she is home. I hope she is back to normal very soon! It's so hard to see them sick, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sue that's quite the sage on top of the holidays. Asthma sucks, we deal with it with dd1. Hope she is on her way to a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had quite the weekend, Sue. I'm glad Aili's feeling better now - it's so hard when little ones are so sick. There's been lots of RSV in Alberta hospitals too. Wish I lived closer so I could come and help out. ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo happy to hear that she is doing much better!! HUGS. I just learned yesterday that my friend's 2 week old baby girl has RSV and is hospitalized now! How does a child sooo small get this?? It is all so scary. But I am relieved to hear Aili is home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank God she's home now and feeling better! I can just picture an impish little look on her face when she set off her alarm! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  12. **huge hugs** sending tons of calming and healign vibes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I appreciate the feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...